the first time I saw HIM



I won’t forget that day, not because of him, but because it’s our Pilot entrance exam for us to belong in the highest section as we enter high school. I saw him standing with her ate, in my mind I said “anu ba yan kalalaking tao may kasama pang ate.” Maybe I said it because I’m jealous; I didn’t have any family member to support me that day. 

No one knows how much I pray for that exam, it’s for my Mom and to prove something that I failed when I graduated in elementary. At that age of my life, my priority in life is my family, to be someone they can be proud of like my brother does. I remember that time how much promise I made for myself, for me to belong in Pilot A class. On that day I promised not to fall in love, just studies if ever I will pass the exam.

Luckily I passed. I made it; I belong to the Pilot A section, but I failed my promise to not fall in love and learned that falling in love cannot be controlled as I thought before.

The guy I saw on the day that I made my broken promise is same guy I fall in love with, and he is MY FIRST LOVE.